Arizona’s startup scene is certainly heating up. The Extreme Pitch startup event will feature ten local companies to present on Tuesday, May 15th. The demand for creativity, innovation, and design is here, and these local companies are rising to the challenge.
Extreme Pitch – Company Finalists:
- Intuitive Visions – Creates character driven media properties designed to excite the world about the bible (Carl Varnado)
- True Points – Automatically earn cash rewards at places you normally shop. Link a credit or debit card through the True Points system and begin (Daniel Stone)
- Phoneword – Mobile application for the Android Market which enables someone to dial a phone number and view information such as website, video, coupons, etc prior to making the phone call (Jay Carpenter)
- Skrittle – A bookmarklet used to find new photos, videos, and websites through the internet (Ben Hall)
- Audio Excursions -Web based tour creation platform for museums, galleries, zoos, gardens, and other tourist attractions worldwide (Benson Gardner)
- Just Ran It – A website to track your runs, earn awards, compete with friends, and find races matched to your training (Stuart Preston)
- Plexus Controls – Develops and manufactures advanced technology to reduce energy waste and consumption in residential and commercial buildings (Zoran Medic)
- YouPag.es – An online tool used to create fully customizable online pages complete with video, pictures, audio, drawings, links, and more (Mark VanDerLinn)
- IcoText – Provides language services and translation management (Dierk Seeburg)
- But I Don’t Want a Real Job! – Online support community for entrepreneurs featuring free training, collaboration, and business tips (Isha Cogburn)
Gangplank is an open workspace in the valley which unites innovators and small business. Their mission and objectives are to elevate collaboration over competition, and to free ideas in order to establish viable Phoenix startups.
Can’t make the event, or didn’t sign up in time? No worries. AZ Tech Beat will be attending the event. Come back to check out the blog for detailed articles on the top presentations and event summary.
6 thoughts on “Extreme Pitch Startup Event Sells Out at Gangplank”
These are some good ideas. It will be interesting to see who wins the Pitch competition. I am excited for someone to finally cover local startups here in Arizona.
Thanks Zack! As stated, we will be at the event tonight, and quickly reporting on the winner. Check back with us here as AZ Tech Beat soon…
JustRanIt’s URL is actually just http://www.justranit.com
Thank you – we will make the change.
Comments are closed.