The Arizona Center for Innovation (AZCI) announced seven new technology startups joining the innovation center.
“AzCI programs and facilities have created a dynamic environment that inspires, encourages, and empowers new entrepreneurs, leading to new business growth here in Tucson,” Tech Launch Arizona Vice President David Allen, Ph.D. said.
AzCI has a program called Mentored Launch, which helps with structured business development. This program assists technology companies through a series of workshops, seminars and networking events.
The cohort includes:
- AgentSage LLC – Started by a UA student team, AgentSage is creating a tool that will connect real estate agents to clients using preselected preferences. This will change the way clients and agents find one another and do business.
- Edible Optics – Started by a UA student team, Edible Optics is developing “science kits” that expose children to the field of engineering and science that they would otherwise rarely learn about in school.
- EIOTech – The company is developing instruments for materials analysis with a focus on detecting fake diamonds.
- EpiSci – The company is developing a synergistic system-oriented solution for future military and commercial applications.
- Lightsense Technology – The company is developing a family of optical sensors, spectrometers and related services for a wide range of commercial needs.
- My Social Sitter – This is a web and mobile platform that filters social media messages before they go public for inappropriate content.
- EPV Sensors – This company is developing sensing technology for intraocular pressure measurement, operated by the patient. Their goal is to reduce healthcare costs and the number of undiagnosed cases.
READ: UA Increasing Tech Commercialization
“The weekly one-on-one mentor meetings and the group sessions have been a huge benefit for our group. Looking ahead, we see our services going to market faster with a better prepared team because of our participation with the Arizona Center for Innovation,” Chief Operating Officer of Agent Sage LLC Sandra Childress said.
AZCI is a component of Tech Launch Arizona, the University of Arizona’s branch to help invention, commercialization, and impact from the lab to the marketplace.
“We are focused on providing the best support possible for each individual company we support,” Acting Director for the Arizona Center for Innovation Anita Bell said.
For more Arizona startup coverage, click here.
Photo courtesy of Tech Parks Arizona