Tallwave announced Thursday that it will be investing $90,000 into the finalists of its High Tide for Heathcare IT competition.
The competition has been going on for the last four months and companies from all across the country competed.
“It’s been amazing to see the progress and the new relationships that each of these talented and hardworking entrepreneurs has forged,” said Greg Lehmann, Tallwave Capital principal.
During the competition, Lehmann said these companies have been introduced to a variety of experts, investors and advisors, as well as went through the High Tide for Healthcare lean business development program.
Of the five companies that won, three are based in the Metro Phoenix Area. Here are the finalists:
- Imanin, from Tempe, which provides physicians with a quick and easy to interpret solution for the reading of the carotid intima-media thickness (CIMT) predictive tests used to detect and prevent cardio vascular disease.
- Performance 3D, from Scottsdale, which provides 3D motion capture and analysis technology that improves fitness performance and reduces the risk of injury.
- Triage Now, from Gilbert, which provides telemedicine support for employers to appropriately triage workplace injuries, prevent over-treatment, and speed up creation and filing of compliance paperwork.
- Health Options Worldwide, from Somerset, New Jersey, which uses behavioral psychology to increase employee engagement with health plans and reduce reactive care spend.
- Inspire Living, from Fairfax, Virginia, which provides a respiratory monitoring device with a unique algorithm that allows for early detection of child pneumonia.