Venture Madness, presented by Invest Southwest in partnership with Arizona Commerce Authority, announced it’s 64 startups from around the southwest who will compete head-to-head for a portion of the $50,000 prize.
How Venture Madness works: Think of it as the “Battle of the Brackets” where startups duel it out bracket-style for the top slot. After two online elimination rounds, 16 companies will advance to the live-demo rounds which will occur on March 5-7, 2014 before a panel of judges at Talking Stick Resort in Scottsdale.
Who made up the 64? Thirty-two (of 64) bracket spots will be awarded to past participants from the Arizona Innovation Challenge (AIC); the remaining 32 spots were filled through open enrollment.
Venture Madness remaining timeline:
- February 3 – 14, 2014: First online elimination round with a 64 company bracket
- February 17 – 24, 2014: Second online elimination round with a 32 company bracket
- February 24, 2014: 16 companies to pitch live at the event are announced
- March 5, 2014: Venture Madness 2014 kicks off with an evening cocktail reception at Talking Stick Resort
- March 6, 2014: Third elimination round, 16 companies to pitch live
- March 7, 2014: Elimination rounds four – six; Venture Madness Champion announced
Want to know more about the startups? AZ Tech Beat has been following them along the way.
Recoleta Digital Media
Tickets are on sale at VentureMadness.com