As we well know, the hottest holiday gifts this year were in the electronic spectrum, with new tablets, computers, and cell phones leading the pack-but how does someone dispose of their old devices? The Arizona Technology Council has an answer for that-Technology Recycling Day.
On Saturday January 18, Arizona citizens have the opportunity to properly dispose of their old electronics. Steven Zylstra, president and CEO of the Arizona Technology Council says, “We cater to businesses of all sizes. Our free recycling service accepts anything from PCs to main frames and about everything in between.”
According to the Do Something Organization, only 12.5% of e-waste is actually recycled and e-waste is the fastest growing municipal waste stream in America. The AZ Tech Council has done their best to educate the citizens of Arizona and has put together a tremendous effort to combat this growing problem.
The Technology Recycling Day is held twice a year in the metropolitan areas of Phoenix and Tucson and also at any Data Doctors location in the state of Arizona, including locations in Tucson and Flagstaff.
Drop-off dates and locations for Phoenix:
January 18, from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Avnet, 6700 W. Morelos Place, Chandler, 85226
- Henkel, 19001 N. Scottsdale Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85255
- Honeywell, 21111 19th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85027
- Infusionsoft – 1260 S. Spectrum Blvd., Chandler 85286
- Intel, 4500 S. Dobson Road, Chandler 85248
- One Neck IT Services, 5301 N. Pima Road #100, Scottsdale, AZ 85250-0263
- All Data Doctors locations during the operating hours of 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Drop-off dates and locations for Tucson:
- January 13 – 17, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Open to the public: ITT Technical Institute, 1455 W. River Road, Tucson 85704
- January 15 – 17, 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Open to the public: Texas Instruments in the Williams Centre, 5411 S. Williams Blvd., Tucson, 85711
- All Data Doctors locations during operating hours of 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
For more information visit http://www.aztechcouncil.org