CEI’s 2nd annual Ready Set Launch! high school entrepreneurial program – June 23-27
The Center for Entrepreneurial Innovation (CEI) is holding their annual Ready Set Launch! summer entrepreneurial experience from June 23-27, which brings together high school juniors and seniors from all over the Valley to learn about entrepreneurship as a viable career option. From conception to pitch, students form groups and take a hands-on approach to develop a business over the course of a week, which includes filming commercials, recording radio spots, and writing abbreviated business plans.
The culmination of the week begins when they pitch their company in front of family and friends as well as a panel of judges who award prizes to the team with the best overall idea and presentation.
CEI Marketing Director Greg Bullock states that the goals of the event include:
- Gain understanding of entrepreneurship as a viable career option and learn about resources in their community
- Generate business ideas to create an atmosphere of fun
- Meet and learn from successful entrepreneurs
- Learn to work and cooperate in groups
- Develop critical thinking and life skills
- Develop leadership abilities and skills
- Identify and evaluate entrepreneurial opportunities in Phoenix
- Learn how to start and operate a business
CEI is still accepting applications but there are only a few spots left so submit your application soon!
For more information on the Center for Entrepreneurial Innovation click here
For AZTB’s past coverage of CEI click here