SkySong is set to launch a multi-disciplinary network of researchers, technologists and entrepreneurs focused on growing the Valley of Innovation at the SkySong Connect Conference, which will be held at ASU SkySong – the ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center. The inaugural event is sponsored by PayPal and is taking place on Thursday, April 17 from 9:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Registration is free for the first 200 attendees. Register here
This event promises to bring together innovative minds from many backgrounds, with the hopes of harnessing this energy into full-fledged business ideas. And because this event is being held in the heart of Arizona, the sessions and internal events within the conference will all be Arizona-themed, in order to keep pure and pioneering ideas in our home state.
“Featuring leading innovators from business, academics, and nonprofits, SkySong Connect will further promote the Valley’s position as a focal point of economic activity in the Phoenix Metropolitan area, and build further awareness of the Valley of the Sun as a global leader in the knowledge economy,” said Brad McWilliams, Principal Architect for PayPal.
“PayPal is committed to promoting innovation among a wide variety of organizations from startups to nonprofits,” said Mark Rohrwasser, Vice President of Core Services Product Development at PayPal. “SkySong Connect will allow attendees to network and create sustained relationships with fellow innovators, while gaining insight from inspiring content provided by preeminent speakers.”
Notable speakers in attendance will share their expertise and insight with TED-style talks. The lineup of speakers includes:
- Keynote speaker, Steven Johnson, is an expert in his field and author of 8 books on the intersection of science, technology and personal experience. In addition to his own written works, Johnson regularly writes for The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal as well as being a contributing editor at Wired.
- James Barrese, Chief Technology Officer and Senior Vice President at PayPal
- Craig Weiss, President & CEO of NJOY, Inc.
- Brett Larson, CNN Technology Analyst
- Cesar Kuriyama, Founder of the 1 Second Everyday project
- Hessam Sarjoughian, Associate Professor and Director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Modeling and Simulation at Arizona State University
- Hadley Wickham, Adjunct Professor at Rice University and Chief Scientist at Rstudio Inc.
- Joel Dudley, PhD, Assistant Professor, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Jonathan Aaron Cain, The Musical Heritage Exchange Project
- Natalia Duong, Project Agent Orange
- Michael Stay, Biosimilarity Inc.
SkySong is home to a global business community that links technology, research, education and entrepreneurship to position ASU and Greater Phoenix as global leaders in the knowledge community.
Again, free for the first 200 registrants!!! Seats are going fast!
Click here to learn more and register for the inaugural event
Graphics provided by Factory 360