This weekend iPhone lovers will get a double dose of smartphone choices with 5s and 5c. Walter S. Mossberg of The Wall Street Journal states that the 5s is “’for anyone looking for a premium, advanced smartphone.’ He calls the phone’s Touch ID fingerprint sensor ‘a potentially game-changing hardware feature’ and iOS 7 ‘a radically new operating system,'” according to the Apple news site.
Predictions roll in from analysts that 6 to 6.5 million iPhones will be purchased this weekend, making this roll out one heck of a blockbuster. AZTB got our hands on one soon after the doors opened-thanks to AT&T for bringing it by.
What are some of the new features?
- The new colors and style, gold, space gray and silver. The gold looks more like a champagne color and they did a great job blending metal and glass for all colors.
- 3D graphics on the home screen
- Touch ID – a new fingerprint identity sensor and protected in the A7 chip (your fingerprint is not sent to the cloud). It also has a 360-readability – see it in action below.
Here is my 90 second review of the iPhone showing off some of the cool new features.
Now for the camera features:
- Apple-designed A7 64-bit chip
- 8 megapixel iSight camera
- 4-inch Retina display
- The Sapphire crystal in the Home button-and more sapphire crystal protecting the iSight camera.
- Larger sensor, aperture and pixels
- Continuous burst mode
- True tone flash
- Auto image stabilizer
- Live video zoom
- Square photos for easy upload to social media sites
- Photo filters
- The processor built into A7 will give you up to 2x faster autofocus, faster photo capture, and higher video frame rates
Here is a funny video using the Slow-Motion feature with David on the skateboard, click here.
What the panorama looks like…
What do you think about the new iPhone?
To learn more about the new iPhone and features click here.
Thank you to AT&T for bringing the iPhone by today!