Join the Revolution at the Women INVESTING in Women Summit 2/20-21
Individuals from across a variety of disciplines will gather for the Third Annual Phoenix Women INVESTING in Women Summit to network and learn from a power-packed lineup of business and media experts. This annual conference brings together a community of men and women that want to become a part of a global economic revolution geared towards women and girls. Phoenix is one of many international summits including Singapore and Stockholm that host an annual conference geared towards the advancement of women and girls in STEM.
The two-day event is being held on Friday, February 20th and Saturday, February 21st at Arizona State University’s Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, 555 N. Central Ave., Phoenix, AZ in partnership with SEEDSPOT and Phoenix Business Journal.
“In the true spirit of Women INVESTING in Women, we are extremely thrilled that a large portion of our revenues will be supporting the official launch of The State of Women Radio Network, the Women INVESTING in Women & Girls Radio Show, and the Girls Rule Foundation,” said Anu Bhardwaj, Women INVESTING in Women DIGITAL.
Conference Event Features:
- The Inaugural WIIW Phoenix Private Equity Roundtable. The discussion is focused on helping women investors in the Valley understand due-diligence as it pertains to making angel, venture capital, and private equity investments.
- Panel discussion on girls in STEM fields moderated by Intel Corporation and features other pioneers in getting more women into STEM careers from ASU & Duke University.
- Keynote on “Crowdfunding and Women” by Douglas Ellenoff from Ellenoff, Grossman, and Schole. Ellenoff was one of the chief architects of the JOBS ACT Legislation.
- Breakout sessions focused on access to capital, driving sales, small business finances, and monetizing social media.
- 3-minute rapid-fire pitches from women entrepreneurs from SEEDSPOT’s Women’s Entrepreneurship Program.
- The international bestselling book “Success in Beauty,” Official Launch party to benefit the Girls Rule Foundation is taking place on late Friday, February 20th afternoon.
- Festivities will also include book signings and a “Pink Carpet Reception” hosted by Get Image Ready.
- Optional sessions include mini-head shot sessions for those interested in changing their professional profile on social media and other business networking channels. Get Image Ready will provide tips on putting a good face forward for the business world and will provide hair and makeup touchup and a choice of one digital image.
Special guests include:
- Lisa Stone, SheKnows Media’s Chief Community Officer and Co-Founder of BlogHer
- Douglas Ellenoff, from Ellenoff, Grossman, and Schole, a leading law firm who was involved in the inception of the Crowdfunding Industry.
- Barbara McAllister, Director of Global Strategic Initiatives, from Intel Women and Girls.
- Anu Bhardwaj, Founder of Women INVESTING in Women DIGITAL
- Courtney Klein, Co-Founder, SEEDSPOT
- Kate Darling, Senior Digital Advertising Manager, The Business Journals
- Gloria Feldt, Founder, Take the Lead,
- Heidi Jannenga, Co-Founder, WebPT
- Aly Saxe, Founder, Founder & CEO, IRIS Software
- Dr. Ann-Christine Langselius, Founder, Maya Global Invest
- Candace Klein, Chief Strategy Officer, DEALSTRUCK
- Cindy Christi, Founder & CEO, CXI Media
- Jennifer Mannino, EVP, Director of Investigations at Subrosa Investigations, LLC
- Poonam Ahluwalia, Founder, Youth, Entrepreneurship, & Sustainability
- Anila Arthanari, Director of Development, Infusionsoft
- Angela Hughey, Founder, ONE Community MEDIA
- Kathy Sacks, Founder, Fearless Ventures
- Kathy Bass, Founder, Ladies Who Brand
Join leading men and women for networking, learning, and fun!
Graphics courtesy of WIIW DIGITAL