Mesa’s LaunchPoint offers innovators free Rapid Startup School
LaunchPoint, the Mesa Technology Accelerator, in partnership with ASU Polytechnic campus and Entrepreneurship & Innovation Group, announces the launch (pun intended) of their Rapid Startup School, a free program for innovators to help them learn the fundamentals of starting a new venture. The program will consist of 12 hour-long modules at LaunchPoint, located at 6113 S Kent St., at 6 p.m. on Thursdays from April 10 through June 26.
Shea Joachim, Project Manager, City of Mesa, Office of Economic Development who is heading up efforts is excited about the renewed focus in Mesa for entrepreneurship, the value of the program to the ecosystem and partnering with ASU and the Polytechnic campus. “We want to become known as a beacon for entrepreneurial opportunities and education. The value proposition for startups/entrepreneurs is to take advantage of typical incubator services and have easy access to professionals. This program can only lead to more growth, job creation and to benefit economic development,” Joachim said.
The modules, or class sessions, will be taught by ASU Entrepreneur and Innovation staff with practical experience and expertise on topics related to entrepreneurship-and it’s all FREE! Topics will include Entrepreneurial Resources, Product Development, Marketing and Branding, Tools for Startups and Managing Legal Aspects of Startups. Each module is self-contained and participants are not required to attend all of them. However, participants that attend all of the modules will be awarded a professional development certificate from ASU. A maximum of 50 participants can attend a module-get on it and startup your business!
- Module 1 (April 10): Introduction to Entrepreneurship
- Module 2 (April 17): Entrepreneurial Resources
- Module 3 (April 24): Managing Legal Aspects of Startups
- Module 4 (May 1): Product Development | Market Feasibility and Research
- Module 5 (May 8): Business Model Canvas
- Module 6 (May 15): Marketing and Branding
- Module 7 (May 22): Venture Capital | Funding Models
- Module 8 (May 29): Business Development and Sales
- Module 9 (June 5): Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Grants
- Module 10 (June 12): Lean Startup Methodology | Value Proposition
- Module 11 (June 19): Tools for Startups
- Module 12 (June 26): Elevator Pitch Session
If you haven’t heard about LaunchPoint, it is a partnership created by the City of Mesa and ASU last year and located on the ASU Polytechnic campus. Its mission is to stimulate the establishment and growth of small technology-based companies and other businesses in the East Valley.
Jim Cook, Director of the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Group (EIG) at ASU said, “LaunchPoint offers an excellent suite of business services targeted to the East Valley entrepreneurial ventures in HEAT space (healthcare, electronics, aerospace, technology). They are a welcome addition to our entrepreneurial ecosystem and we at ASU EIG are pleased to be partnering with MTA on a number of mutually beneficial initiatives.”