Who will win at the AZ Tech Council’s 2013 Governor’s Celebration of Innovation?
- Tishin Donkersley
- On August 29, 2013
The Arizona Technology Council and the Arizona Commerce Authority, this week, announced Individual Award winners and Company Award finalists for the 2013 Governor’s Celebration of Innovation awards (GCOI) presented by Avnet, Inc. Awards are given to companies and individuals whose passion and commitment are helping Arizona thrive and grow their ecosystem.
“The GCOI awards honor companies at all stages of growth as well as academic centers of excellence, lawmakers and individuals that are impacting people’s lives through inspiration and innovation,” said Steven G. Zylstra, president and CEO of the Arizona Technology Council. “This year’s finalists and winners are all deserving recipients and we congratulate them on their achievements.”
The public can also vote for the 2013 Lifetime Achievement Award HERE. Award nominees include:
- Eric and Tim Crown, Insight Enterprises
- Barbara Barrett, Triple Creek Ranch
- Bob Parson, Godaddy.com
The Individual/Company Award winners are:
- William F. McWhortor Community Service Leader of the Year: The Thomas R. Brown Foundations
- Ed Denison Business Leader of the Year: Clark Peterson, CEO, Telesphere
For Arizona tech, it’s fantastic to see so many high-tech companies thriving in Arizona. Click on the links to read more about these companies. The Company Award Finalists include:
- Innovator of the Year – Start-Up Company: Inova Technology, Chandler; Nasseo Inc., Peoria; Traklight, Phoenix; Yolia Health, Peoria
- Innovator of the Year – Small Company: Cummings Engineering, Chandler; Parchment, Scottsdale; ServerLIFT Corporation, Phoenix; Strongwatch, Tucson
- Innovator of the Year – Large Company: CyrusOne, Phoenix; Lumension Security, Scottsdale
- Innovator of the Year – Academia: Controlled Environment Agriculture Center, University of Arizona, Tucson; iPlant Collaborative, Tucson; Landscape Evolution Observatory (LEO), University of Arizona, Tucson; McGuire Center for Entrepreneurship, University of Arizona, Tucson
“These companies and individuals are a testament to the exceptional quality of innovation and top talent that exists in Arizona,” said Sandra Watson, President & CEO, Arizona Commerce Authority. “We congratulate those recognized for their significant contributions to the technology sector and for strengthening Arizona’s position as a global leader in innovation.”
In addition, the “Future Innovators” and “Teacher of the Year” award winners were also announced, please review the complete list here.
Winners in all categories will be announced at the GCOI on November 14, 2013. To register for the event or to learn more about the Arizona Technology Council click here.